This volume contains the proceedings of MARS 2017, the second workshop on
Models for Formal Analysis of Real Systems, held on April 29, 2017 in Uppala,
Sweden, as an affiliated workshop of ETAPS 2017, the European Joint Conferences
on Theory and Practice of Software.
The workshop emphasises modelling over verification. It aims at discussing
the lessons learned from making formal methods for the verification and
analysis of realistic systems. Examples are:
(1) Which formalism is chosen, and why?
(2) Which abstractions have to be made and why?
(3) How are important characteristics of the system modelled?
(4) Were there any complications while modelling the system?
(5) Which measures were taken to guarantee the accuracy of the model?
We invited papers that present full models of real systems, which may lay the
basis for future comparison and analysis. An aim of the workshop is to present
different modelling approaches and discuss pros and cons for each of them.
Alternative formal descriptions of the systems presented at this workshop are
encouraged, which should foster the development of improved specification